If you make AMP pages and include structured markup data for your news, blogs, articles or any website pages, it will boost your presence in Google Search results. AMP pages with structured data can popup your page’s placement in the carousels, headline text and larger-than-thumbnail images.
Now Let’s Understand What is AMP Pages?
In today’s era page speed is very important, it is considered as an important ranking factor. In order to know why the speed aspect is so substantial nowadays is mainly after Google came out with its mobile-first index algorithm. Google’s main motive behind this was to offer a better search experience to the user. AMP is launched by Google in 2015. AMP is an open source library that makes developers to develop web pages that load quickly on mobile browsers. We can say that speed is an important factors that AMP intent to optimize.
There is no doubt that making AMP pages is a brilliant way to outshine competitors for mobile SEO.
AMP website is just a ghost website, which is mainly created for mobile devices. It is a basic version of your primary website. This lanky website loads quicker on mobile, and that’s why they are named as “Accelerated Mobile Pages.”
There are certain guidelines, which should be followed for making your AMP pages.
Here are Some of the Important Features and Benefits of AMP Pages-
- This is a way to construct web pages that will render quickly for static content.
- When put into action, AMP consists of AMP HTML, the AMP JS library, and the Google AMP Cache.
- When a page isn’t optimized for mobile use, you risk the chance of increased bounce rates—30% of users leave a page if it does not load within 3 seconds.
- The end product of AMP drastically improves the performance of mobile websites on the internet—so much so that the load time is often appearing to be instant.
- AMP is not a totally different technique for creating pages—it actually consists of normal HTML with a few restrictions and added specialized tags and does not require a lot of additional work.
- AMP JS works to make sure that the most important content is loaded quickly and clearly, while third-party content such as ads is not at the forefront so that users are able to see their desired content as soon as possible.
- AMP loads quickly, which leads to faster reading, and in turn results in more business benefits.
- To avoid duplicate content issues, Google requires each AMP page to be linked to its canonical non-AMP version, and the canonical page has to link back to the AMP page.
What is Schema Structured data markup?
There are some of the elements that look completely obvious to humans and are absurd to web crawlers. That’s where structured data’s role becomes important. Structured data is included straightaway to page’s HTML markup. Search engines use structured data to produce rich snippets, which are tiny pieces of data that will pop up in search results.
- Now Schema.org provides a collection of HTML tags that webmasters can use to mark up their pages for easy search engine recognition.
To keep it short and simple Schema Markup is code (semantic vocabulary) that you put on your website to help the search engines return more informative results for the users.
- Schema tells the search engines what your data means
- Schema Markup uses a unique semantic vocabulary in microdata format.
Schema.org, the website for Schema Markup, was created by a collaborative team from Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
Schema Markup assists your website to rank better for different types of content. There is data markup for…
- Local businesses
- TV episodes and ratings
- Book reviews
- Software applications
Schema.org gives a list of some of the general types of Schema Markup. You can visit the Organization of Schemas page to check this list. You can analyze the types of schemas that are most suited to your business.
Google’s Structured Data Markup Helper will guide you through the process of Schema Markup and you can immediately start using it.
Now let’s Understand how AMP Pages and Schema Markup together will boost your pages?
“Adding structured data to your news, blog, and sports article page can enhance your appearance in Google Search results. Enhanced features can include placement in the Top stories carousel, host carousel, Visual stories, and rich result features such as headline text and larger-than-thumbnail images.”
It is suggested to add in the structured data of your AMP these four important and basic schema.org properties so that they are easily discoverable by Google search results:
- specific type of content (i.e. ‘news article’)
- published date
In order to implement these technical tricks in an efficient way, you require best website technical experts and digital marketers who know many SEO tricks and can understand Schema Markups suitability for your brand promotion or business.
To conclude we at KVR Webtech have a team of professionals who expertise in AMP and Schema Markup techniques, which will boost your brand image, blogs, products, articles, etc.
We’ll help your business to pop up in the top of the search engine result pages.